Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Me Me Me Project

so recently my college class ask us to do a project of portraits of urselves base on what we learnt on modern art and test us on our photoshop skills

MY MODERN ART


My modern art follows the art movement called Dada. I was inspired by John Heartfield how he was so brave to go against Hitler and the Nazis by making fun of then true his visual art.

What I tried to accomplish is to go against public warnings of smoking. We all know that smoking kills, but the world has been to overly protective by putting up posters, having none smoking areas, putting disgusting pictures on cigarette boxes and raising the prices of cigarettes.

As for me, I am a smoker. I choose to smoke, not to look cool or be macho. It feels good and it relaxes me. We only live once, so why not do whatever we can and try everything we can.

In my modern art, I use photoshop to add the no smoking sign and the cigar. The smoke effect took me a few hours to learn how to do it and to actually get it right. Then I posterized it because the photo was to dull in colour wise.


MY FREESTYLE
In my freestyle portrait, is a picture on my self in a hoodie with a dark aura behind me. The reason why I did this is because everyone has a dark, demonic, animal side. Its just buried under religion, rules and laws. With out them, will just be wild beast that will kill, steal and rape.

The medium I used is photoshop. I just cut and paste the picture of myself. Then I did the smoke effect thing and then added a black background. It took me another few more hours with the smoke effect because I couldn't get the result that I wanted. I made 4 attempts until I was satisfied.










there are two more artworks, traditional and photographic but im just to lazy to put it up X)

No comments:

Post a Comment